What is Hypnobabies?
Hypnobabies is a 6-week, complete childbirth education course that focuses on teaching moms and birth partners, medical-grade hypnosis techniques for an easier, more comfortable birthing experience.
The deep hypnosis techniques taught in Hypnobabies help you have:
- A peaceful, relaxing more comfortable pregnancy
- A calm and confident birth partner
- An easier, more comfortable birthing experience
How Hypnobabies works?
Hypnobabies goes beyond simple relaxation, breathing or guided imagery. Expectant mothers use Hypnobabies workbooks, hypnosis audio tracks and hypnosis scripts to retrain their subconscious mind to perceive labor contractions as pressure or a squeezing-type sensation, pushing/pulling and normal baby movement sensations. By using the deep, medical-grade hypnosis and hypnotic compounding (repeating) learned and practiced, normal birthing sensations can be transformed into pleasurable ones.
Hypno-moms are able to use “Eyes-Open Childbirth Hypnosis”. This allows them to remain deeply in hypnosis while walking, talking, changing positions, communicating with their birthing team and being completely in charge of their birthing experience!
Want to see Hypnobabies in action?
Check out these videos to see how moms used the program during their birthing time.
Some say Hypnobabies births are boring because they are quiet, calm and serene. I say THIS is what childbirth should be!
A proven method with results
Statistics vary depending on the goals of each Hypnobabies student as well as the dedication to the program. The results listed below are based on mothers who completed the very successful 6-week course, with 18 hours of instruction.
1) Very Comfortable births – 70-75%. Women who report that they felt mostly pressure, tightening or mild cramping sensations.
2) Comfortable until transition – 15%. Pressure only, until the 10-60 minute transitional period, with mild to intense degrees of sensation thereafter. “Very manageable.”
3) Comfortable until active labor – 10%, with mild to intense degrees of sensation thereafter. This group can have any number of things that affect their birth experiences; prodromal labor, posterior or asynclitic presentations that do not resolve, other labor complications, emotional blocks, lack of support, or they simply did not do their homework. Hypnosis for childbirth won’t help a mother or a couple that is not willing to do the work involved in preparing for their baby’s birth.
ALL WOMEN reported that the Relaxation and Fear Clearing in the Hypnobabies program were invaluable to them during their labors. And all women felt that the classes were informative and helped them prepare for their easier, more comfortable births!